Saturday, May 14, 2011

ETL504 – Group PPT task

WOW, what a ride! While I’m glad to have met the three fellow students I worked with, I don’t think I ever want to do that again! 

This task was a challenge for many reasons. Working collaboratively within an online environment, proved to be difficult. Some of the barriers we faced were, conflicting schedules, lack of established leadership processes, lack of clarity of the expectations of the assignment and limited options for effective communication. It didn’t take long for our group to become a team. While we had some hiccups along the way, our ability to work as a team, offering each other encouragement, advice and feedback, was evident throughout.

Communication was hard. I’m not a chat room person. I appreciate instant feedback and didn’t welcome the online chat room environment. While we used the chat room, I don't think we used it to its potential during the early stages of the project. We certainly improved as time went by though. The final day we worked on this project our committed team spent 13+ continuous hours communicating within the chat room to ensure we made the deadline. As a team, we did it. 

Well done team 7! 
I had fun working with you all.



Once we established a clear(er) vision of where we were heading with our PPT presentation, our team showed real commitment to completing this task on time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment