Saturday, May 14, 2011

Confessions of a bad blogger!

I know…I am a bad blogger, very close to being a non-blogger.

Feeling like I’ve let myself down, by not embracing and utilizing blogging more effectively. Possible reasons, excuses? There are many….but I won’t. The fact is I’m feeling disadvantaged for having not regularly blogged.

When it comes to writing, I really don’t have enough confidence in myself. I procrastinate when writing in birthday cards! When writing up essays or even blog posts, I worry; I question my writing, over analyzing it sometimes. Usually, when writing up essays, I’ll write the majority of it first using good old pen and paper, transferring it to the computer in stages. I know, I’m creating more work for myself. I envy people who have the skills and ability to just write. I really have to work hard when writing. I have spent up to 10 minutes, re-writing a sentence, and ended up using the first sentence I had. I don’t know why I do this, why I find writing so difficult sometimes.

But tonight, I sit and write this blog freehand. 

While I have let myself down in writing regular blog posts myself, I have managed to regularly access the blogs of fellow students. And, while I have only made minimal contributions on the forum, I have accessed and learnt from many of the great posts on the forums. The forums have been a big help for me when trying to get my head around a new concept, theory or reading. The contributions of fellow students on the topic forum have been invaluable to my learning process. I feel somewhat guilty for not making more regular contributions.

So, I pledge, from this point forward, to regularly post on my blog and to contribute to the forum discussions. While I have managed to maintain a consistent approach to the essential readings, and further readings, making notes, highlighting new information, concepts and knowledge, I have failed to share my learning and comments on my blog. So, over the next couple of days, I will be attempting to add some notes and/or reflective responses to the essential readings, forum topics and learning activities from previous topics. I’m certainly realizing it would have been much easier had I done this at the time of the readings, while the information was clear and fresh in my mind.

Where to start……….

Back soon

The Library Lady 

No comments:

Post a Comment